HOW TO GIVE STRATEGICALLY
A Giving Fund
If you have a desire to create a lasting impact, a Giving Fund dedicated to your philanthropic interests may be the right fit for you.
The process is simple:
- Determine your charitable purpose and philanthropic goals
- Selecting what type of fund best fits your vision
- A giving, or donor advised, fund is not your only option; there are many different fund types
- Choosing a name for your fund
- Funds may be named after anything: you, family, a business/organization, or an anonymous name that reflects its purpose
- Completing your fund agreement
- This simple governing document clearly outlines your intentions as well as advisors and successors
- Making your gift
- Donors may contribute a variety of assets to establish a new fund or contribute to an existing fund-either immediately or through their will or estate plan. You don't have to be a millionaire to participate. You may open your fund with as little as $5,000.
- Receive a tax benefit
- You will receive a tax benefit for your initial donation and all donations thereafter.